We’re delighted to have secured a place in the Virgin Money Giving London Marathon on 3 October 2021 and even more delighted to have a very special and dedicated runner to take up the place and raise lots of money for our charity. His name is David Hodgson and this is what David has to say about himself:
Hi, I’m David and it’s my absolute honour to represent the Ghanaian Children’s Trust in the 2021 London Marathon. A little bit of info about me:
- 55 years old
- Married to Caroline, a primary school head teacher
- Dad of 19 year old twins, Ella and Luke. Ella is studying Natural Science at the University of York. Luke is an apprentice maintenance technician
- Ella and Luke attended World Challenge in Southern Africa in 2019, working in Mozambique and Eswatini for a month.
- As a family, we have sponsored a boy in Rumphi, Malawi through Action Aid for many years.
- I work as an Operations Manager in the automotive industry, making heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems for Nissan in the UK.
- We have a cockerpoo puppy called Archie, who will soon join me on my runs. He’s much too fast for me..
- I have been running for almost 40 years. I have completed hundreds of races, including 27 Great North Runs – the world’s biggest half marathon. I prefer to run on trails and have completed several ultra marathons, up to 70 miles (112 kilometres).
- I have tried to win a place in the London marathon for many years without success but I am so grateful to be given the opportunity to run for you and raise money for the Ghanaian Children’s Trust.
- As a bonus to help me raise funds, I have agreed to run a further THREE marathons in October, after London: Manchester, Yorkshire (York) and the Rock ‘n’ Roll marathon in Liverpool. That’s 4 marathons, each one week apart.
- My goals are to raise as much money as possible and to achieve a sub-4 hour marathon time.
To help David’s raise loads of money, please click on the link to his Virgin Money Giving page and for every donation during May the charity will have a chance of winning £250 in the Virgin Money prize draw.
David’s link is: Virgin Money Giving | London marathon